CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 4, 2009

Happy 2009!


This is my first solo blog, and I have lots to talk about. Amber is already reading over my shoulder and trying to correct my grammar. I think somebody needs to get back into the classroom already. Tomorrow is her first day back and she is already complaining. It has been a good break for her she got to spend a lot of time with her family and enjoyed sleeping in and taking it easy. We spent Christmas in Lubbock this year with Amber and her family. Amber got there early and came home later, but I didn't stay as long because of work. When Amber got back we had another appointment with the Dr and we were both excited about being able to find out if we were having a girl or a boy. Turns out that the appointment was just another check up. We had already told all of our friends and family that we were hoping to find out, but oh well not a total disappointment We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time (157 bpm). There are all these rumors about being able to tell the gender by the heart rate, but after some thorough research its all just a bunch of baloney. So in short we still don't know what we are having, but are getting more and more anxious to find out. Amber woke up this morning around 3AM because she felt the baby move for the first time. Not the most perfect timing, but I was excited to be woken up by this news as opposed some of our walking, talking, black spider shenanigans. This New Years was interesting to say the least. Let me see if I can paint you a picture. Three dads to be, three moms to be, a new mom and dad with twins, and some friends that we are hoping are not far behind us. I think this was a small glimpse into all of our futures, but we still had fun and we enjoyed everyones company as always. Work is crazy for me right now because interest rates are so low. It was a long and stressful year with the economy, and I am thankful to have our baby as some new found inspiration to keep myself motivated. I did find some motivation to begin the process of building our new nursery. Amber is always so insistent on hiring a professional, but I am hopeful that I will impress her with my skills. We will continue to post more pictures as progress is made in the room but the wainscoting was the first of many steps. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a great New Year. What a crazy and exciting year 2009 is going to be!

4 comments:

Kyle and Amber said...

Adam, you did a fantastic job on the blog! Amber, such a cute picture! And I am so excited that you guys got to hear the heart beat. I know you had been waiting on that special moment. Love and Prayers!

Monica Curry said...

Congratulations to you both! I am glad to see you have a blog. Babies are the greatest blessing ever, just be prepared for LOTS and LOTS of JOY! Amber, you are a precious pregnant lady, I can't wait to see that belly grow!

The McAdams' Family said...

You look great, Amber!

Brooke said...

Good Job Adam! :) I like your post! :)