CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 5, 2009

Showers and Family

Today I went for our 34 week check up and everything is perfect! I feel great- just tired and a little swelling in my feet. Teagan's heartbeat was at 140 and she was moving a lot. Kicking/moving the cord- is what the nurse said. Dr. Sara is such a great doctor and friend I am so blessed she is in my life and enjoying this time just as much as we are! From here she said if Teagan is ready to come they won't stop her! Next appointment is May 19th!

Before my appointment today I had to appear for jury duty at 8:30am!! WOW- what an experience! I got chosen for the panel of 25 jurors and they questioned me and the others to narrow it down to 6 jurors on the panel. Thankfully I was not chosen for the panel of 6 and was sent home at 12:45pm. A long morning of sitting and waiting! They were worried I'd have sympathy for the defendant I guess due to my emotional state. Whatever it takes to get out of it and go home. I had a substitute for a full day so I came home and worked on Progress Reports which are due tomorrow.

Adam has been busy putting together Teagan's bouncers, her pack'n'play, and helping find a home for everything! Living with my organization is tough but I think he'd agree- well worth it! Mom is coming next Wednesday for my birthday on the 14th and to pamper me some more by washing Teagan's immediate wear clothes and anything else she'll come into contact with! We also have a lot of thank you notes to write so she'll help address those so I can get them out and checked off my to do list! We will finish up purchasing things with gift cards that we still need and then we should be all set! She wants me to concentrate on "keeping my feet up!" I can't argue with that!

These past 2 weeks/weekends have been crazy, but wonderful! My great friends Lindsay, Brooke, Abby and Whitney threw a McKinney shower and it was beautiful! It was so nice to see everyone who came that I hadn't seen in a while. And I loved spending time with the people I am so lucky to see regularly! Then this weekend I traveled to Lubbock for another shower!! I was hesitant and paranoid to fly on the plane with the Swine Flu going around but no one appeared sick on the flight and I just made a conscious effort to not touch my mouth or face at all. I made it to Lubbock Thursday night and spent Friday with mom getting things done and relaxing of course! She pampered me all weekend!!! Always taking care of me! Saturday was the shower and that morning Adam drove in from McKinney and also Lynn. We attended the perfect shower given by 7 wonderful women! It was so good to see Amber B. (Wooldridge) and Teresa who I haven't seen in forever, as well as all of my hostesses and other friends and family who stopped by to show how much they love Teagan already! Thank you to everyone! Adam and I are truly grateful for everything! Here are some pictures of the Lubbock shower. I will post McKinney shower pics when I get them downloaded.

Have a great week!









0 comments: