CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 23, 2009

3 day weekend!




YAY!! 3 day weekend! We just got done with our childcare and CPR class at the hospital! It was a good class and I am glad we went. It was helpful and gets us that more excited for Teagan's arrival! Adam had 3 soccer games today- a tournament. We compromised and he attended the morning game at 9 and showed up to the class at 10:30. He hadn't missed anything I couldn't tell him about :o) Then we stayed until 3 and he missed the 12 o'clock game but made it to the 4 o'clock one. If they win this one then they play tomorrow.
It's been raining on and off today but no storms. I am about to go lay down and try to fall asleep. Yesterday was the school baby shower given by my room mom's and the students loved it! They liked for me to read ALL of the cards I opened and they "ooo and aww'd" at the clothes and cute blankets we received! They made a book for me dedicated to Teagan called "What I Like About Mrs. Colberg." I LOVE IT! They really worked hard on their sentences and words. The pictures they drew of me and of Adam- even one of Teagan with one tooth, are adorable! The cover and back are black and white polka dots to match my classroom and there is a picture of them all waving to the camera on the front. They did this with one of my students mom's (who has also been my substitute all year) one day when I was absent. Very sneaky! I posted a couple of pictures from the shower. The cake was perfect and the kids were sweet during the whole thing. I am so happy to be at this school with these amazing parents that have become great friends! God works in wonderful ways. Not only am I thankful to be so close to home but also by surrounding me with so many great teachers who are mothers that love to share advice and genuinely care about how I am doing and how they can help! I hope to be a blessing in someone's life just like they have been a huge blessing in mine.

2 comments:

Kyle and Amber said...

Baby Teagan needs to come out and play!! Can't wait for that sweet girl! What awesome parents that they threw you a shower!! NICE!

Candie said...

What a sweet shower and what a perfect cake for you!! I think a lot about the name ya'll picked....Teagan....and I love it! That little girl will be soooo sweet! I can't wait to meet her! You'll be all over your blog when she gets here! You'll want to show your family and friends pics and share your stories with them! Thank you for the comment! You're so sweet!